LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I am a practicing attorney with more than 30 years of experience in the legal field.
15277592

I have to be in court for a civil suit regarding an unpaid

Customer Question

I have to be in court for a civil suit regarding an unpaid credit card debt. Do I need a lawyer to go with me
Expert:  LawTalk replied 2 months ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. I am a GA licensed attorney.

The ONLY reason that you would really need an attorney in your situation is if the credit card debt is not yours. As a practical matter, almost all credit card lawsuits are the result of legitimate debts that have not been paid for one reason or another and having an attorney will not help---simply because you have an unwinnable case. Save your money. In fact, no law requires you to even participate in the lawsuit and I generally recommend that if you know that the debt is owed, you might as well save your money and don't even bother to file a response to the lawsuit much less participate in the litigation.

In conclusion, there really in no benefit to you hiring an attorney if you are sued for a credit card debt that you actually owe.

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

I hope that I have been able to fully answer your question. As I am not an employee of JustAnswer, please be so kind as to rate my service to you. That is the only way I am compensated for assisting you. Thank you in advance.

I wish you and yours the best in 2016,

Doug

Expert:  LawTalk replied 2 months ago.

Good afternoon,

It is possible that your questions and issues might be better served by an in-depth conversation with me. If you are interested, for a very nominal charge I can offer you a private phone conference.

Please know that I answered your question in good faith, providing you with the information that you asked for, and I did that with the expectation that you would act likewise and rate my service to you. If I have already provided you with the information you asked for and you have no additional questions, would you please now rate my service to you so I can be compensated for assisting you?

Thanks in advance,

Doug

Expert:  LawTalk replied 2 months ago.

Is there anything else I can assist you with today?

Doug