Maverick
Maverick, Attorney
Experience:  20 years experience as a civil trial and appellate lawyer
16823287

I am a defendant in a grand jury case. My attorney and I I

Customer Question

I am a defendant in a grand jury case. My attorney and I
I have several witnesses we plan to call.My question is he has asked me for 600 hundred dollars before he asks them to testify. Is this normal He bills me for every hour he works this charge is over and above that
Expert:  Maverick replied 2 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer! My name is***** give me a few minutes to review, analyze and/or research your inquiry and I will be back.

Expert:  Maverick replied 2 months ago.

When and how payment must be made is typically governed by your fee agreement with the law firm. However, this $600.00 fee may be to cover the cost of serving the witnesses with subpoenas and the legally mandated witness fees.

Please Note: (1) Just Answer’s site disclaimers apply to all levels of service; (2) Most follow-up questions are answered with in the hour; however, if I am not signed on, please allow up to 24 hours; and (3) If we are done, please assign a feedback rating so Just Answer will compensate me for your question. Thank you for using Just Answer.