Thelawman2, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney-at-Law

Pet owner left dog in car during temps of high 90's -

Customer Question

Pet owner left dog in car during temps of high 90's - windows rolled up. I want to post on FB the video I shot of the dog in car, but the license plate is in view. Reside in Maryland. Don't know if I have to blur out license plate.
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: I called 911 who came and got owner out of the restaurant. But, because Animal Control did not show up, no citation could be issued. I just want to post the pictures and video of this incident.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: At this point, I do not want to file or meet with lawyer, just wanted to ensure that this owner does not do this again. Thus, I want to post my video on facebook
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  Thelawman2 replied 1 month ago.

You do not need to blur out the license plate in the video. There is no law that would require you to blur it out. The only concern is if you post false information, you could be subject a a lawsuit for defamation. However, it does not appear that you are posting any false information, so there shouldn't be an issue.