Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.

My girlfriend received a jury summons for pierce county WA

Customer Question

Hello, my girlfriend received a jury summons for pierce county WA superior court. We have a vacation planned for the designated week of service and she wants to request the allowed one time postponement. She cannot enter the online site with her juror number that apparently has an error with what she believes is her birth date. When calling she has been transferd to several dapartmants and was told that the only way to request the postponement is by online. She has also attempted to email the administrative address and is not receiving any response. She was told she has to go on the date which creates a financial hardship and stress, requiring canceling a 6 moth planned vacation to Mexico. She requested to talk to a supervisor/manager and was told there is none and the entire process is on line. Do we have any options? It seems all we need is the manger contact to correct the error they have made.
Thanks you for your time.
Rod Emmons
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 1 month ago.

Hello. My name is Alex.
Thank you for your question.
I will be happy to provide you with information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Is your g/f able to visit the courthouse where she is summoned to appear as a juror to speak to the juror coordinator in person?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
She could however if the issue is not resolved on the Monday she appears and does not get a postponement she is committed for the entire week and we leave that we leave on either Thursday or Friday. They require a response within 7 days and she has been attempting to without any responses. I also made an unsuccesful attempt however they have an error in the online system.

Thank you for your follow up.

When is your g/f summoned to appear for the first day of jury duty?

Does she have printed itinerary, tickets, show that she has non-refundable vacation plans / expenses?