Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.

We are waiting for disability back pay and then monthly

Customer Question

We are waiting for disability back pay and then monthly payments. Got a bank levy on California state taxes we owe in mail today. We are behind 3 months in our rent and we're counting on that money to keep a roof over our heads. We are waiting for state De. to examine my husband then make final decision. I make $460. a week and my husband is not working. We both have cancer and other medical problems and waiting to have disability comming in to face multiple surgeries. Would appreciate any advice.
JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: California.
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: My husband has State Dr. Exam on Sept. 16th., then state will make final decision on disability case. That is the last thing we are waiting for. We have been using Premier to file for disability. We just got levy paperwork in mail today. Thank you.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I am scared because we are really struggling and this is all overwhelming. We have no place to go if we loose our apt. I have melanoma and am waiting for surgery to see if it has spread to lymph nodes and am having trouble working. Also have deteriation in knee and spinexpensive with arthritis. We just want to have our surgeries and feel we can live on the little we have comming in with my income. I work in home care and it is becoming more difficult for me to lift and perform my job. Thank you for listening
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 month ago.

Hello: This is Phillipsesq. Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am sorry to read about your difficulties.

I have carefully reviewed your post. However, I did not see a specific question. What is your specific question?

Thank you for your cooperation,