RobertJDFL, Attorney
Experience:  Experienced in multiple areas of the law.

I signed a contract today to convert my Silverleaf resort

Customer Question

i signed a contract today to convert my Silverleaf resort timeshare to Holiday Inn Club points. It was very high pressure and will cost me double to do this. I now realize I can't afford it. Is there a time period that I have to cancel the contract? Thanks
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  RobertJDFL replied 1 month ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer. I look forward to helping you.

Under Illinois law, there are only certain contracts that can be cancelled within 3 days time. These include among others, door to door sales that exceed $25, campground memberships, and physical fitness contracts. Unfortunately, there is no such provision for timeshares or conversion of timeshare points.

However, that doesn't necessarily mean that the contract you signed doesn't have a cooling off period. It's definitely worth carefully reviewing and seeing if such provision exists.

If not, and the company will not willingly let you out of the contract, then you may be able to sue to be released from the contract, but only if you could prove some sort of grounds (e.g., they misrepresented the terms to induce you into signing).

Please remember to kindly leave a positive rating for me by clicking on the stars, as that is the only way experts are paid for their time even though you may have already paid a deposit to the site. Follow-up questions asked in this thread do not cost anything additional after leaving a positive rating.

If you need clarification
about my answer or additional information, please use the SEND or REPLY button to continue our conversation. Your satisfaction is my goal and I am here to help!