Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.

Is it possible to sue chevrolet dealer Kingman, AZ. for

Customer Question

Is it possible to sue chevrolet dealer Kingman, AZ. for charging over 9,300.00 dollars over blue book on a 2015 HHR car and calling it A BUYERS MARKET PRICE
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 1 month ago.

Good afternoon. Did you, as the buyer, agree to this price? Did you perform any research or due diligence prior to buying it, to see what the market value was and/or what you felt the price should be?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No I was going thru a divorce I did not know anything when I signed the paper it was about 2 weeks later after I paid on it 4 one year. then when back to find out why the balance was over 9,000.- Because the salesperson didn't say anything at all and he told me it was buyers market price that when I called Alphera To pick up the car
Customer: replied 1 month ago.

Thank you. It is going to be hard to sue the dealer. I say this because the price was agreed to by the parties. Prior to purchasing it, there is an obligation on the buyer to perform their due diligence and decide if the asking price is fair to them. If not, a counter offer can always be made and if the car is priced higher then it should be, a party can walk away. Dealers are in the business of making money. They want to make as much off a car as they can and if a buyer is willing to pay what they are asking, there is nothing wrong with that. However, if you can show that they tricked you and induced you into buying the car, based upon misrepresentation, it is possible that you could prevail. You would need and want to have something in writing, that establishes and shows exactly what a buyers market price is.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!