How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 8775
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I served a Probation term and paid all of my monies to the

Customer Question

I served a Probation term and paid all of my monies to the State of Florida (a 2003 court case) and requested my Civil Rights to be restored so that I can vote in the next election.
The Clemency Dept. in Tallahassee keeps denying my request, indicating that I still owe them monies. I paid all of the monies due and then received a letter from the Probation Dept. that my probation was ended. I submitted a copy of the letter and my payment receipts at least eight times, and I am still being denied. I have been trying for seven years now and getting nowhere! I even filed a motion in the courthouse to go before the Judge and have not received a reply since July. I need to speak with an attorney.
Submitted: 7 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Maverick replied 7 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer! My name is***** give me a few minutes to review, analyze and/or research your inquiry and I will be back.

Expert:  Maverick replied 7 months ago.

What type of motion did you file and can you please upload a copy?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Maverick replied 7 months ago.

The only way I know to convert your request to one for a phone call is to send you an offer for $5.00.

Or, please contact customer service at 1.***-***-****.

Expert:  Maverick replied 7 months ago.

Hope this makes sense. You should see a place on your screen to accept the $5.00 added to your deposit. Once you accept that, please type in your phone number here so I may call you...

Expert:  Maverick replied 7 months ago.

lease Note: (1) Just Answer’s site disclaimers apply to all levels of service.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I have already agreed to pay you $58.00 and now you are asking for more money. Forget the phone call and just answer my questions.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I filed a motion for a Judge to hear my complaint about not being able to get my Civil Rights back. It was filed on 7/12/16 and I have not received a reply as yet.
Expert:  Maverick replied 7 months ago.

I am not asking you for more money. This is why I gave you to option to call customer service to convert your question to a phone call. Your $58.00 deposit is still in tact. However, I do not appreciate your tone so I will opt out and let another expert try to assist you.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Too bad that you don't "like my tone", but would you send monies to unknown people so easily? If a person has already paid a $58.00 fee without questioning it, why in hell would that person pay another $5.00 fee for a phone call? You should re evaluate your priorities in order to make a proper impression as a legal advisor.

Related Legal Questions