Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I live in a gated community (Stonecrest/Summerfield) with an

Customer Question

I live in a gated community (Stonecrest/Summerfield) with an Home Owner Association (HOA). I am a veteran with a 60 % disability. I have a motor home stored in a storage lot near my property. To ready the motor home for a trip, or unload from a trip, I need to park the motorhome on my driveway to load all my needed food and clothing. The HOA has a rule that limits all owners of recreational vehicles to 24 hours on their property. Being disable, lower back pain limits the period of time for my loading and unloading. I use pain meds to ease the pain so I can return to loading-unloading. It is a significant hardship trying to comply with the 24 hour rule with my time outs for pain management. I need a 48 hour period to safely load and unload my motor home. How can I get the HOA to allow me the 48 hours I need?
Expert:  Barrister replied 3 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can.

Have you been cited for a violation of the rule with the threat of a fine?

.

Have you sent the HOA any type of written request for a waiver of the rule or to allow you 48 hours?

.

.

thanks