Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Experience:  Began practicing law in 1992

I have Judgement leins placed on my properties thathave been

Customer Question

I have Judgement leins placed on my properties thathave been Discharged whaty can I do
They were discharged by my bankruptincy
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 month ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to helping you today.

Are you trying to do something right now that the liens are preventing?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The countyy of Onondaga says the jusdgement need tohave a court order to remove then how do I do it
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ii want to p[ut my property on the market - But the leins need to be removed
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 month ago.

Usually you can file the bankruptcy order in the same place that the liens are filed and that will work. However, the issue with the liens is that ir prevents you from passing clear title to the property. You may want to check with the title company that will be handling the transaction and see what they want you to do.

The most complex way of getting it resolved is to file a Petition to Remove Judgment Lien in the local court. The problem is that to do this you're going to need a lawyer because the procedure is complicated. However, it will work and there's no question on whether the judge will order the lien removed since the bankruptcy court handled them.

You may also want to check with your bankruptcy lawyer and see if he thinks he can get the bankruptcy judge to issue an order to remove the judgment lien. I've seen it done this way several times but some bankruptcy judges won'd do it.

You can still put your house on the market with the liens there and then you can work on getting them cleared while the realtor tries to sell the house.