Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law

I live in Los Angeles California and Skid Row area 90013.

Customer Question

I live in Los Angeles California and Skid Row area 90013. Last month I had done my grocery shopping late in the evening actually it was around 12 a.m. and I called him over to get a ride home so that my groceries would be able to make it back with me friend had gone shopping with me at the local Vons and it was standing in line to get a pack of cigarettes in the meantime Uber cab arrived and proceeded to play some groceries along with the driver he and I proceeded to put the groceries into his car a Nissan Versa I believe it was the 2015/2016 model. Next my friend exited the grocery store and the driver asked if this was also someone he was taking I said yes because I had ordered a carpool for two passengers consequently my friend went into the front passenger seat and I was still trying to enter the cab back seat of the car Nissan Versa and stepped in and there was a melon in my seat and the driver just in the meantime took off and I'm going to scream and stop the car and not in yet or something to that effect and consequently when he stopped I was thrown from the car. That describes the incident concerning my accident I have decided to come home because I had nearly $300 of groceries and in my neighborhood they will be a likelihood that they may not have all would not have all made it to my so I elected to go home and then call for a ride at Pacific Alliance Hospital I was told by Pacific Alliance not to they would not come and get me because I was involved in an automobile accident and they didn't want them to have the liability were having a get hurt any further. Consequently I called the ambulance which was the fire department two of the most rude noxious threatening men showed up in fire gear and begin to interrogate me and disrespect me in my own home I was so upset and in pain from the accident as well there was no compassion no concern for my injuries consequently long story short I spent more time doing obtaining medical attention through fighting with these people I even had to send them away the first time I called back and asked that they please send someone else and they sent these two goons again. I have witnesses they were very unprofessional they threatened me to take me to jail have me arrested called me names called me nasty quote on quote also that one stated that he thought that I was trying to obtain drugs and question me in the hallway showed up the second time with police actually. I would like to have these people investigated I would like to have this department investigated should there be any monetary compensation on my behalf I will commit to making sizable donations to my local communities nonprofit agencies. I look I look forward to your response and direction concerning this matter
JA: OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box.
Customer: Is anybody there?
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Of course girl my name is ***** ***** and I am a resident of Los Angeles Californiae90013
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: I obtain an attorney for the accident that and Uber. Butt I have not had any reports or finally against these EMT fireman that's plural fireman
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I'm not sure what would be relevant will not have a problem obtaining statements my Witnesses
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 month ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
As far as the firemen and the police, I am afraid that legally they have what is called "qualified immunity" and that means that unless they actually physically injured you and were grossly negligent in doing so, they are immune from being sued. So as far as their conduct and being rude, your recourse is to file a complaint with the fire department's professional standards division and the police department's internal affairs division and have them investigated. There would be no monetary compensation to you though for them being rude and obnoxious to you I am afraid because state law forbids that.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
My interest is not necessarily in monetary compensation my interest is in these people being placed out of the position they are in to harass people loving them around in the ambulance and sold them and call them names threatened to be taken to jail and accused of a felony and the only reason why is because I called for medical attention and of course my skid row address
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Is there an office that I can file a complaint against them with.? Is my ombudsman someone that I need to seek out and can you direct me on how I can have these people investigated?
Thank you for your reply.
You can file a complaint with LAFD Professional Standards Division then, as I told you above, and here is the complaint form:
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Just one more thing before I reach you I am interested in understanding your response you're closing statement was that state law forbids what the rude and obnoxious name-calling intimidation of a patient or monetary compensation for that?
Thank you for your reply.
No, I did not say state law forbid rude and obnoxious behavior, I said state law forbids anyone from suing them over such behavior. The only recourse is filing a complaint with their department.