Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Attorney
Experience:  Lawyer & Real Estate Broker, 30+ years, foreclosure, land contracts, inheritance, probate.
18215332

Is it possible to sue someone who lives in Bermuda for

Customer Question

Is it possible to sue someone who lives in Bermuda for breach of contract and possibly reckless tortious behavior. I'm also an attorney but I'm not sure if it's possible
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 2 months ago.

Good good morning Kristin: thanks for using JUST ANSWER. Yes, person can be sued in Bermuda. THis is from Wikipedoia

• Together with a number of tribunals, Bermuda has a three-tier court system:
  1. Magistrates Court, with a mainly criminal jurisdiction;
  2. Supreme Court, with a civil and criminal jurisdiction, covers the roles of the English Crown Court, County Court and High Court.
  3. Court of Appeal has equivalent status to the English Court of Appeal. There is a further right of appeal to the Privy Council inLondon.

Hello again. I hope that my service has been helpful. If you have a follow up question, please send me a Reply for further information. If not, please rate my Answer so that I can close out the question. Thanks again for using Just Answer.