Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law

I just took over title of a boat 3 days ago the owner my

Customer Question

I just took over title of a boat 3 days ago the owner my sisters fiancés check for docking fees 1600$ bounced and now is 2600$ boat master told him he must pay by tommorow fiancé said if I can pay I can have and gave me title I only have 1000$ now what do i do?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 month ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If he gave you the title in exchange for you taking care of it, you need to now speak to the harbor master and inform them of what is going on and you only just took the boat over and this has been a shock so you need time to get the money together. Many harbor masters will understand and take a down payment on the $1000 and then let you get the remainder together in 30 days or so, but again you need to negotiate on this.