How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Tina Your Own Question
Tina, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 8775
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Tina is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Due to the legal battles my son has had to face to gain

Customer Question

Due to the legal battles my son has had to face to gain custody of his children, I have had to be involved - both financially and physically. He lives in a county where a lawyer friend of mine has said she won't practice due to the crazy way their court system works - mostly political (i.e., my son's lawyer told him up front that he couldn't expect the judge to ignore the fact that my ex-daughter-in-laws lawyer had contributed heavily to her causes). She swore out a DVO on him saying he tried to kill her with his gun (Austrian Glock - which she described, wrongly however) saying he had cocked the gun under her throat - he was no where near her & the gun doesn't have a cock nor a hammer. Due to this order, he lost a 6-digit salaried job & is having trouble finding work anywhere - yet, she remains in the home he needs to sell in order to get the money to pay her off (and, until then, he is to pay her $250 per week which I am going to have to help with as he has the two kids and has less than that left out of $400 unemployment for him and the two children to live on - no child support since neither she nor her live-in boyfriend have "declared" incomes. She has made statements about how I "buy" the kids in court - has said I am senile and don't need to be driving them around - which my friends at work think is hilarious! I wish I did. Neither of my grandsons want to live with her or go near her with the youngest one being afraid of her since she told him she would get even with him for telling the court he wanted to live with his father. My son has been refused by all 3 banks in town for a mortgage of $75,000 due to the fact that the house is a complete mess - pig stye as it was called; and, she gets to live in it for free until he can gets the money. She got the new car & he the old one with almost 200,000 miles on it - she drives a one-year old Avalon with everything on it & over 20,000 still due on it as they bought it new; however, she is to pay for it, but the loan is in his name and she has already defaulted on two payments which has ruined his credit rating! It only leaves us with the option of putting a mortgage on my house to get the money to pay her off - but, this is more than my other son wants me to face at 73 years old! Do I have any options on how to help my son out of this mess with a civil suit - by the way I loaned her $500 to get my youngest grandson school clothes at the point of the separation - July, 2015; of course, she didn't buy school clothes, but likely spent it on her addiction to presription drugs which is really hard to prove since her physician is her good friend - yet, the older son has seen in the cosmetic bag she carries all of the time & will swear that it has over 14 bottles of medication in it (he is of age now). Also, her best friend of 23 years is willing to testify whenever I need her to that she told her that she wasn't worried about paying her attorney as he was in love with her (and, he has driven her to my son's house on more than one occasion and he has seen her getting out of his car on court dates); and, she told her before they broke friendship (over the way she has treated the chlldren and other matters) that he (my son) could have his damn kids if he will just give her the money she wants!
Submitted: 9 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Ely replied 9 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am sorry to hear about this situation. I am not sure exactly what you are asking here - can you please clarify what you exactly wish to know in regards ***** ***** above situation?

This is not an answer, but an information request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. Thank you in advance.