Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.

I have a question about contesting two parking tickets. Los

Customer Question

I have a question about contesting two parking tickets.
JA: Because traffic laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Los Angeles, California
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: I'm not sure what this means. So far I requested an initial review. They requested documents, but I didn't provide any because this would have meant the review of my case would have been based on a written statement and any supporting documents (which I hear has a low rate of success). I was then sent a letter saying that because I didn't provide supporting my case, they found the citations to be valid. I could request an in person hearing, however. I am going to requested an in person hearing.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: My car failed in the middle street on 4th of July weekend and as a safety precaution I moved it to the side of the street. The red was dirty, not bright. There were no signs saying it was a no parking or a tow away zone. Towing costs were out of the question, so the car remained parked there for roughly three days when I returned after having borrowed money. At that time, the City towed the vehicle and impounded it. I attempted to reclaim the vehicle from the impound but the costs were too high so I paid the fines and surrendered the vehicle to the tow company instead.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The code that I am being cited under is MC 80.56E4
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 month ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Okay, but what is your defense to parking for 3 days in a red zone, only the fact that the red was not visible?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I thought that's what you're supposed to help with?
Thank you for your reply.
There are certain offenses that are very tough to defend or fight. Traffic and parking offenses are an example (parking in a red zone, the car either was or was not parked in the zone). I also do not have any of your evidence nor very much detailed information about your case to try to help you with information.
So if you care to give me all of the details and we can try to see what we can discuss with you about it, we can do that, but just know these cases are hard to win on the actual merits of the case and typically are won because an officer does not show up to testify that they observed the violation when they wrote the ticket.