KJL LAW
KJL LAW, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney at law Office of KJLLAW
92128996

I want to set up a 501(C) non-profit for a local chapter of

Customer Question

I want to set up a 501(C) non-profit for a local chapter of a nationally recognized non-profit organization in California. How do I do that?
Expert:  KJL LAW replied 9 months ago.
Good afternoon.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Hello and good afternoon. I wanted to establish a local charter of a nationally recognized non-profit, The Troops of Saint George, but need help filling out the appropriate 501(c) paperwork. The paperwork I started filling out from LegalZoom implies that I am starting the NPO from scratch.
Expert:  KJL LAW replied 9 months ago.
There are a few ways of going about this. Usually the national organization would want you to start a new California NPO, that is duly registered under California law. First you should check with the organization and see if they require you to start a new NPO, if they do have that requirement then legal zoom is correct, and you must start new.