Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Experience:  Began practicing law in 1992
11068102

My daughter and I have been served with a Summons in

Customer Question

My daughter and I have been served with a Summons in Forcible Entry and Unlawful Detainer. There seems to be only one signature line; are we supposed to file the answer separately?
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Colorado
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: The bank took my house, bought it, then sued me for a deficit. My daughter was living there at the time but left when served with eviction. They are filing because they say there is stuff left on the premises.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have little money and feel they are being unreasonable.
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 2 months ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to helping you today.

It doesn't officially matter whether you file the answer separately or a joint Answer. I've always done it as separate answers in case something gets lost or misfiled there is still a different one on file to prevent an outright default judgment.

If your question has been answered then I'd offer my best wishes to you and ask that you please not forget to leave a Positive Rating so I receive credit for my work. Of course, please feel free to ask any follow up questions in this thread. I want to be sure that all of your questions are answered.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
The filing fee is $92.00. We can't afford to file separate answers. If we go to court instead, do we still have to file the answer?

You have to file an Answer, even if you are going to court. You will also want to check with the clerk of court and see if the charge is the same for a joint Answer as it is for a single answer.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thank you

You're very welcome.

If your question has been answered then I'd offer my best wishes to you and ask that you please not forget to leave a Positive Rating so I receive credit for my work.