JustAnswer
JustAnswer, Arbitrator
Experience:  JustAnswer
94416922

We moved into an 55 plus community advertised for the

Customer Question

We moved into an 55 plus community advertised for the "active senior." Since opening it has become a nursing home with some hospice patients and other residents requiring daily medical care-giver visits. There have been a couple of deaths and many EMS runs. I do not want to live in a nursing home at this time and this place, Affinity apartments at 14508 Owen Tech Blvd is turning into one. It is not as advertised. Management claims it is due to the fair housing act that they cannot turn anyone away even if they are mental patients with a history of violence. That is the gist our my and other residents concern. It is not an active adult fun community.
Expert:  JustAnswer replied 3 months ago.
Thanks for posting your question. We’re matching you to the right Expert, who will call you at the number you provided. Please leave any new details below.