Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.

I need some advice on privacy and the use of emails. My son

Customer Question

I need some advice on privacy and the use of emails. My son tried out for a youth sports team. When he got his results he was placed in a group of 29 players, but the terms of the team and the locations of play had changed so it would not work for us. We found another local team and having had discussions with some of the other parents who felt the same, shared the team emails with that second team who sent out an informational email to them all (amongst hundreds of other people) inviting them to consider their team too. Now the Director of the first team is threatening us with legal action for sharing the parents addresses. There is no privacy agreement in place that we know of, we were never asked if we minded our personal information being shared with 28 other families by them either. Only one email was sent, to people with a similar interest in the sport. Is this illegal? Help - freaking out here. All we wanted to do was offer choice to the families.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  Maverick replied 1 month ago.

Welcome to Just Answer! My name is***** give me a few minutes to review, analyze and/or research your inquiry and I will be back.

Expert:  Maverick replied 1 month ago.

Can you please clarify how you obtained the email addresses of the first team members and their parents?