Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Experience:  Began practicing law in 1992
11068102

I have toll citation from maryland transportation Athority

Customer Question

I have toll citation from maryland transportation Athority for toll violation.They assessed $50 civil penatly assessment on top of$ 6 toll violation.What happens if I only pay the toll and not civil penalty .can they suspend my vehicle registration
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 4 months ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to helping you today.

Unfortunately, yes. The entire process is really a civil procedure and a failure to pay any of it, penalties, late fees, etc. means that the fine remains unpaid and you are subject to their other penalties, including suspension of license. The worst part is that often the driver doesn't receive a notice that the license was suspended and so they get stopped and hen can get arrested for driving with license suspended.

If your question has been answered then I'd offer my best wishes to you and ask that you please not forget to leave a Positive Rating so I receive credit for my work. Of course, please feel free to ask any follow up questions in this thread. I want to be sure that all of your questions are answered.