Hammer O'Justice
Hammer O'Justice, Attorney
Experience:  Almost 12 years of legal experience

Was called from the police that they were going to serve a

Customer Question

Was called from the police that they were going to serve a search warrant and I called back that I was in a funeral mass and would be able to be at my house at 5pm and they showed up at my house with the warrant and went thru a window and broke my fence was in my house for bout 2hrs. And they went thru my shed is it ok for the police to go thru a window if I was not home?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  Hammer O'Justice replied 1 month ago.

I'm sorry to hear about your situation. But if police officers have a warrant and no one answers their knocks at the door, they can make a forced entry into the house. They don't have to wait for a time that is convenient for you to let them in. The warrant basically allows them free access to the home, unfortunately.