How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Barrister Your Own Question
Barrister, Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 34788
Experience:  16 yrs practice, Civil, Criminal, Domestic, Realtor, Landlord 26 yrs
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Barrister is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

We paid a co. For the purchase of a building they requested

Customer Question

We paid a co. For the purchase of a building they requested money down, we received plans for the building then could not get in contact with them, now they are gone and we are out 75,000.00 can we file a civil suit against the man we have his name
Submitted: 5 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Barrister replied 5 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney who will try my best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can.

Expert:  Barrister replied 5 months ago.

Yes, you can absolutely sue this person for breach of contract and fraud if he has taken your money and run off. Further, if this was intentional, you can contact the local prosecutor and file a criminal complaint for fraud and theft by deception and get the prosecutor to file formal felony theft and fraud charges for his actions, assuming the name he gave you was real.





Related Legal Questions