You may be able to argue that the alarm company has materially breached the contract due to all the mishaps and thus you are now excused from having to perform your end of the contract. I have cited the TX law on that below. You may need to file or threaten to file a declaratory judgment action and use the leverage of attorney's fees to get this resolved quickly. I am happy to do a phone call on this explaining all the details for $59.00. Please see my offer.
When one party to a contract commits a material breach of that contract, the other party is discharged or excused from further performance. Mustang Pipeline Co. v. Driver Pipeline Co., 134 S.W.3d 195, 196 (Tex. 2004). Generally, the issue of whether a breach rises to the level of a material breach that will render the contract unenforceable presents a question of fact [i.e. usually decided by the jury] . Cont'l Dredging, Inc. v. De-Kaizered, Inc., 120 S.W.3d 380, 394-95 (Tex. App.--Texarkana 2003, pet. denied). The Texas Supreme Court noted five factors significant in determining whether a failure to perform is material, i.e., whether the breach is material:
1) the extent to which the injured party will be deprived of the benefit which he reasonably expected;
2) the extent to which the injured party can be adequately compensated for the part of that benefit of which he will be deprived;
3) the extent to which the party failing to perform or to offer to perform will suffer forfeiture;
4) the likelihood that the party failing to perform or to offer to perform will cure his failure, taking account of the circumstances including any reasonable assurances; and
5) the extent to which the behavior of the party failing to perform or to offer to perform comports with standards of good faith and fair dealing.
Mustang Pipeline, 134 S.W.3d at 199.
Please Note: (1) Just Answer’s site disclaimers apply to all levels of service; (2) Most follow-up questions are answered with in the hour; however, if I am not signed on, please allow up to 24 hours; and (3) If we are done, please assign a feedback rating so Just Answer will compensate me for your question. Thank you for using Just Answer.