Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.

We have a company suing us for not paying a bill. We did not

Customer Question

We have a company suing us for not paying a bill. We did not pay because he hired this company to install an air condition unit on our house in 2009 and we told him that we wanted a unit big enough to handle our home and big enough if we ever added on so we wouldn't have to replace it later on. We had another a/c company from Evansville come out because we will have the thermostat in our house turned down to 70 degrees and it is always between 73-76 degrees in our house. Our unit runs non stop so we are paying even more money on our electric bill. This a/c company said this unit we paid over $6,000 for is maxed out and is not big enough for the size and age of our home. We were told we have to buy another a/c unit and run 2 units or buy a bigger unit to keep the house cool. We are due to appear in court to answer complaint on how we want to handle this bill with this company. is this something you can help with. Thanks. Cindy
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 month ago.

Good evening Cindy,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

This seems like a very crucial matter for you, and your questions and issues suggest that an in-depth conversation might best suit your needs. If you are interested, for a very nominal charge I can offer you a personal phone conference during which there is no limitation on the number of questions you can ask of me, as opposed to continuing in this question and answer thread which is searchable and viewable by the public.

Let me know if you don't want a call and I will be happy continue here with an answer for you.

Either way, whether I call you or not, in order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

1. Do you still have the written contract from the sale of the A/C unit?

2. Does the contract state that the unit is big enough for the present house as well as an extension on the house?

3. When did you stop paying on the debt?

4. When did the second A/C company first tell you that the present unit is insufficient?

Thanks in advance,

Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 month ago.

I won't be able to assist you if you are not able to provide the minimal information I sought clarification on. Please get back to me with this information at your earliest convenience.