Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.

My wife and several hundred other other people borrowed

Customer Question

My wife and several hundred other other people borrowed money to take classes for medical billing. I was present when signed for the class.
The only reason that we agreed to the loan is th as t we were garrenteed job placement with a substantial increase in wages.
That never happened for any classmates with the exception of one person.
A. Do we have any recourse ?
B. What are the odds of us finding a lawyer to start a class action lawsuit ?
Charles M. Vlasic
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 month ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
When you say you were "guaranteed job placement" what did the contract state that you signed with them specifically?
Remember a class action starts as one plaintiff filing suit and then the attorney finds other parties who were similarly damaged, it is not a special suit. So every class action generally starts off with one party suing.