Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Experience:  Began practicing law in 1992

My medical insurance declined to authorize a treadmill

Customer Question

My medical insurance declined to authorize a treadmill stress test requested by my heart Doctor even after two requests to find out if i had any blockage in any artery.
Short time after, 6 months, i have heart attack and had to have procedure to put in a stint due to blockage.
Doctor says he would have found it with the stress test he requested twice.
Im 70 years old and always have been in great shape and make my living in the fitness industry. My entire life has now changed with the stint and medications that cause stress, ED, and side effects. All the above could have been avoided with the spproval of the test my heart specialist requied necessary.
Do i have cause for action?
Thank you,
Danny Russo (###) ###-####
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 month ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to helping you today.

You potentially have a cause of action. If the insurance company was, under the terms of the policy, supposed to cover the stress test then you would have a cause of action. If, instead, the policy did not cover the cost of the test and the insurance company told the truth about what they were supposed to pay then you would not have a cause of action since the insurance company didn't do anything wrong.

The only way you're going to find out is to have a local lawyer look at the insurance policy, the coverage sheets, as well as any other documents.

You can find a lawyer to assist you by going to and in the section for Area of Practice enter Civil Litigation or Consumer Law. Either of those will have the skill set you need.

If your question has been answered then I'd offer my best wishes to you and ask that you please not forget to leave a Positive Rating so I receive credit for my work.

Of course, please feel free to ask any follow up questions in this thread. I want to be sure that all of your questions are answered.