Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

My father is on his second marriage to our "stepmom." he has

Customer Question

my father is on his second marriage to our "stepmom." he has told me he is unhappy but staying in the marriage for the sake of my half-sister who is 14. He is in the hospital, having had a heart attack. There are four children ages 48, 46, 43, and 40 who have always been there for him.he has been hospitalized before and we were not notified. This time around we were told before "stepmom." We live in Michigan and she was in New York at the time of his heart attack and made no plans to immediately return to Michigan. I believe she is using my father for money.we tried to have a relationship with this woman. they have been married close to 15 years. because of the stink of her house (three dogs defecating and urinating throughout the house) we do not visit him. I call my father when i know she is not around. Also, his "mother-in-law" lives with them and is trying to tell us 40 year old children that we need to leave the hospital but we have no respect for her.my question is, should we be notified in emergencies like this? mother-in-law was notified when father was taken by ambulance from a casino to hospital but did not answer her cell phone. my brother-in-law works surveillance at casino and that is how adult children were notified.My father has expressed his funeral to me because he makes the 2-hour trip north in November for our annual deer hunting season. we have an old vacant trailer he would like to stay in to get away from time to time for breaks from second family.I do not want any property from my father, maybe personal photos, but i want his last wishes expressed and notification of hospital stays. two of my sibling are in the area and my one sister can get aggressive get needed information. just needing some advice.
Expert:  Loren replied 6 months ago.

Good afternoon. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you.

Do you have a healthcare POA from your father?

Expert:  Loren replied 6 months ago.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
no, what would that do and how much