LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I am a practicing attorney with more than 3 decades of experience in the legal field.
15277592

How do I cancel a First Data Global credit card lease? They

Customer Question

How do I cancel a First Data Global credit card lease? They say we signed a 5 year contract, which we don't remember doing and we have went out of business. We are more than glad to send back the credit card machine, but they say we will owe them $4000 for the lease (4 years left)???
Expert:  LawTalk replied 7 months ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

Quite simply, if you signed a contract for a 5-year lease (demand a copy of the written contract so you can determine whether you signed an agreement or not) then you are contractually bound to the contract. You can break the contract, if one exists and the vendor will accept the return of the machine, but they will still have the ability to seek to enforce the contract to the extent that there is a monthly or annual lease payment due---again, only if it can be shown that you signed an agreement/contract for the lease.

In my experience, it is highly unlikely that any credit card processing company would ever turn over processing hardware to you without you having sign the lease agreement---but anything is possible.

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

I hope that I have been able to fully answer your question. As I am not an employee of JustAnswer, please be so kind as to rate my service to you. That is the only way I am compensated for assisting you. Thank you in advance.

I wish you and yours the best in 2016,

Doug

Expert:  LawTalk replied 7 months ago.

Good afternoon,

I sense that your questions and issues might be better served by an in-depth conversation with me. If you are interested, for a very nominal charge I can offer you a private phone conference.

Please know that I answered your question in good faith, providing you with the information that you asked for, and I did that with the expectation that you would act likewise and rate my service to you. If I have already provided you with the information you asked for and you have no additional questions, would you please now rate my service to you so I can be compensated for assisting you?

Thanks in advance,

Doug

Expert:  LawTalk replied 7 months ago.

Is there anything else I can assist you with today?

Doug

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No thank you