Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

Trying to sale a house and found out my soon to be ex

Customer Question

trying to sale a house and found out my soon to be ex husband past medical bill has a lien on the property. We had paid this in installments for years. Now not sure how to get the lien off. It is over what the house would ever get out of sale.
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: I am in TN. The old debt was over 130k. We paid it down to 112k with monthly payments. The judgement is for the whole amount.
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: their is a lien on the property. We are trying to sale it and just found out. No time in any of our dealings or payments were we ever told of a lien on the property.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 3 months ago.

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

I am sorry for this dilemma. But not sure I understand your specific question. You mention judgment...was there a lawsuit on this issue? And a court issued a judgment?