Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

I have had my wages garnished after the case was taken to

Customer Question

I have had my wages garnished after the case was taken to court. The result of the court was a dismissal. How can the company garnish my wages if the case was dismissed. What are my options? What should I do next?
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 2 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If the case and judgment against you was dismissed, they cannot legally garnish your wages. If the case was dismissed, that means it was vacated and you need to file a motion in court for an order to show cause for contempt of court, since their garnishment on an invalid judgment violates the court dismissal order and ask the court to order the return of your money, plus attorney's fees and sanctions in the amount equal to the wages taken for penalty for them illegally garnishing your wages.