Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

IS THERE A STATUE OF LIMITATIONS FOR WRONGFUL CONVICTION OF

Customer Question

IS THERE A STATUE OF LIMITATIONS FOR WRONGFUL CONVICTION OF (OVI ),?PLEASE CALL ************* *************. I HAD A COPD EXACERBATION AND WASN'T TAKEN TO HOSPITAL BY POLICE. I WAS PASSED OUT IN MY CAR I MIN.AWAY FROM HOME. THEY TOED MY CAR N KEPT ME THERE FOR THREE HOURS. I HAVE ALL THE VIDEOS THAT MY COURT APPOINTED LAWER GOT FOR ME.IT WAS A FEW WEEK'S AFTER I GOT OUT OF ICU,THAT I WAS TOLD I HAD TO GO TO COURT.I WAS 4 HRS.AWAY FROM DEATH WHEN I GOT THERE. THE POLICE KEPT MY LICENCE BUT WHEN THEY WERE DONE WITH ME AT STATION THEY DROPPED ME OFF AT MY HOUSE WITH NO HOUSE KEYS, THEY WERE WITH MY CAR.I WAS SO DIOXIDE POISONED BUT ACCORDING TO THEM THEY THOUT I WAS ON DRUG'S. I COULDN'T BLOW ANY NUMBERS N TRIED TO GIVE A URINE TEST 3TIMES ,TO DEHYDRATED. SO THEY DROPPED ME OFF AND I WONDERED AROUND, THEN FOUND MY NEIGHBORS HOUSE AND SHE CALLED MY EX TO COME N GET ME.THEY NEVER CALLED A PARAMEDIC FOR ME,THEY HAD A SPECIAL COP WITH A BLOOD PRESSURE CUFF.MY HEART RATE WAS 48 N 54 .IF NOT FOR THESE 3 VIDEOS I HAVE ,IT'S A SHAME WHAT THEY HAVE DONE TO ME.IF I HAD MONEY FOR A GOOD LAWER THEY WOULDN'T HAVE GOTTEN AWAY WITH THIS. NOW IM HOOKED TO A HOSE TO BREATHE, I WOULD NOT BE IN THIS SHAPE HAD THEY GOT ME TO THE HOSPITAL THAT NITE. PLEASE, I NEED HELP MY HEART IS NOT AS STRONG AS IT WAS MY MEMORY IS SLIPPING. THEY TOOK MY INDAPENCE PLUS COST ME TWO THOUSAND PLUS N I HAD TO TAKE OUT A LOAN JUST TO NOT GO TO JAIL.MY COURT APT.LAWER SAID I HAVE A GREAT CIVIL CASE BUT TO GET AN ATTORNEY IN A DIFFERENT COUNTY THAN WARE I LIVE. PLEASE PLEASE HELP. I COULD HAVE SUED THREE PEOPLE IN MY LIFE BUT IM NOT THAT KIND OF PEARSON. NOW IM READY TO STAND UP FOR THE WRONG THEY HAVE DONE TO ME. ILL WAIT FOR YOUR CALL.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 3 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Yes there is a statute of limitations for suing for any wrongful arrest, it is one year from date of your false arrest or wrongful conviction being proven wrongful. If the police failed to check your medical condition after finding you passed out that is considered grossly negligent. However, there is a short statute of limitations and your attorney will have to argue that you were not able to bring suit because of your physical condition preventing you from doing so.
You need to bring the evidence with you to the lawyer of what you said you have above and you can get your local civil rights attorney at the same sites used by other attorneys, http://www.hg.org or http://www.lexmundi.com