N Cal Attorney
N Cal Attorney, Attorney
Experience:  since 1983
9653905

I spoke to someone before about this and now I need a lawyer

Customer Question

I spoke to someone before about this and now I need a lawyer for the tenant. I own my mobile and it is a 1963. For some reason my owner/manager is giving me a hard time. She will not take my money and is constantly giving me 5 day notices for non payment. My money orders 5 months has the month due on each. and she will not take them. I have to get 50 dollar ones also for utilities. I have to put on them guestimation because she gives me no bill for anything. I pay gas, water and trash. Never receive a receipt for anything. I called victims unit advocate and she sent the police to take a report. I gave them proof she lied on her question of the report. There is so much more to say that she did wrong. From gas to every agency agency n court that I called. I have to go to court for eviction on Monday the 12th of sept. I seriously need help My name is ************* it has been a while since I joined for your advice. ************* JA: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in? Customer: Arizona JA: Has anything been filed or reported? Customer: I made a police report in feb against her for harassment. today she had the sherriff serve me an eviction for court on the 12th. I own my mobile. JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you? Customer: well it is a lot that she has done. aamho even had to come here in person. Even after looking at my paper work they said she was wrong. That was about 4 months ago.

Expert:  N Cal Attorney replied 3 months ago.

I am sorry to hear this.

Was there a reason stated on the eviction notice?

Which town is this in?

The notice has to state a reason, see

http://www.azleg.gov/ars/33/01491.htm

I see she waited 6 months to try to avoid the presumption of retaliation under the statute at the above link, but you can still claim a defense called common law retaliatory eviction, see

http://via.library.depaul.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=2654&context=law-review&sei-redir=1&referer=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.google.com%2Fsearch%3Fclient%3Dsafari%26rls%3Den%26q%3DRetaliatory%2BEviction%3A%2BThe%2BUnsolved%2BProblem%2B-%2BClore%2Bv.%2BFredman%26ie%3DUTF-8%26oe%3DUTF-8#search=%22Retaliatory%20Eviction%3A%20Unsolved%20Problem%20-%20Clore%20v.%20Fredman%22

You can get a free consultation from some of the landlord tenant attorneys listed by location here.

Please follow up on this with a local attorney.

I hope this information is helpful.