Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Attorney
Experience:  Active member of the NYS bar since 1989
18321761

My case is my client she's a fortune teller after a short

Customer Question

Hi my name is ***** ***** my case is my client she's a fortune teller after a short conversation she said she going to do some pray for me but I have to pay for special candles I need 7 candles its cost $150 each candles so the next day I gave $1.050 she gave a eggs for me keep for 1 day while she doing pray and the next day she want me to bring the egg to her place so her mom help doing more pray because she saw some bad thing could happen to me so I went there with the egg wrap in white paper towel they doing some pray for 10 mins she asked me to put the egg on floor and step on it so after that she open it I saw a lump in black color in the egg suddenly she acting scary and telling me get away that's a piece of the devil head in me I got so scare she calm me down and ask me will I be continue to let her help me I said yes, she said number 7 is a god number so whoever did it to me they use money to paid the devil so she tell me how much I have in my pocket I took all the money out its less than $100 dollars she asking me how fast I could come up $7k to use for pray I respond I don't have that much she tell me go to the back get some money and come back so she can finishing it I said that lot of money she said I can have my money back after she done bc the money not for her just use for pray or do I want this death devil go back in my body I said no. I was sweating bc I got scare I went to the bank withdraw $4k but on my way back I think what else they do to me so I turn my phone on record the conversation was 25 mins she ask me to put 4K in to the bag with the egg in it and she tight the bag she pray for a few mins and then she I can go home leave the money here till Monday and come back here to pick up the money but they don't want to give me the money back. I got the record & text message for evidence so my question is could I be able to bring her out to court to get my money back??
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 3 months ago.

I'm Zoey and I'll be assisting you. I'm reviewing your question now. Are you online at this time?

Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 3 months ago.

You fell for a fortune-telling scam that's as old as the hills. You can read about scams like this here. She has no real powers, and you are not cursed. All of this was a trick to steal your $7K.

Not only can you sue her in small claims court for the return of your money, you can likely get her arrested for fraud and get your money back that way instead.

You should report the fraud to the police, tell them where they can find her and that you want her arrested for the theft of your funds.

Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 3 months ago.

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.