LegalKnowledge, Attorney
Experience:  9+ years handling Legal, Real Estate, Criminal Law, Family Law, Traffic matters.
9540344

Eviction of live in ex girlfriend, california, no, I

Customer Question

eviction of live in ex girlfriend
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: california
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I purchased this house in jan 2016
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 2 months ago.

Good afternoon. Can you share with me how long she has lived there for?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
since jan 2016

Since you own the home, it is at your sole discretion for her to stay or vacate. If you want her out and she has resided there for less then a year, you would need to give her a 30 day notice to vacate. Then, if she still remains and fails to move, you could proceed through the court and start the eviction process, to have her removed. If she still remains after you obtain the writ, the Sheriff can appear and personally remove her. In addition, you can recover from her the cost to file for the eviction, as well.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service at the top of this page, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.