Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I would like to know how some police depts offer positions

Customer Question

I would like to know how some police depts offer positions to NON US Citizens and others dont and how this doesn't violate my Equal Opportunity of Employment
Expert:  Attorney2 replied 3 months ago.

Welcome to JA and thank you for your question. I will be the Attorney that will be assisting you.

Can you tell me the State that your question pertains to?

Laws vary from State to State.

*Basic Requirements
Each state has a Commission on Peace Officer Standards and Training (POST) or similar entity that establishes minimum selection standards for law enforcement officers. Individual agencies must meet or exceed these minimum standards. While requirements may vary from state to state and agency to agency, typical basic requirements include the following:
*Citizenship Requirement
Agencies require applicants to be U.S. citizens, or in some cases, permanent resident aliens who have applied for citizenship. Some agencies require officers to reside within their jurisdictions while others do not." http://discoverpolicing.org/what_does_take/?fa=requirements
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 2 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Your previous contributor had to leave, I am a DIFFERENT CONTRIBUTOR, did you have additional questions for us?