Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney
Experience:  Partner at Kent Law Group, LLC

Around the end of Jan. I paid a solar co. 16,500.00 check

Customer Question

Around the end of Jan. I paid a solar co. 16,500.00 check then 2,600.00 cash in Feb. then another 4,500.00 check in Mar. to purchase and install a solar system in my house. The contractor was a so /so friend and he ended up gambling it all away. I do have receipts for all of the money. He recently came clean as to why he hadn't started on my project and is wanting to pay me in payments the money plus interest. How much interest can I charge him, and can I make the contract to say if he doesn't pay I have the right to post all over town he is a liar, cheat, and thief on billboards I rent?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  Olivia Kent replied 1 month ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. I'll be happy to help you in any way I can. My goal is to make sure you are completely satisfied before you submit your rating so please let me know if you have additional questions or you need me to clarify anything. If there is a delay in the time it takes me to respond it is because I am working with a customer or I am not online - but rest assured I will respond to your follow up question, if you have one. Also, I am on a mobile unit, which automatically asks you to submit a rating once I submit a response – but please don't feel like you need to do so until we are done speaking. In Missouri the legal and judgment rate of interest is 9% so I wouldn't charge more than that amount. As far as the billboard... although *technically* he can agree to allow you to post that on a billboard in reality what you'll find is you'll run into all sorts of problems with defamation laws if you do that. Sorry... I know that's probably what you want to hear but I would hate to see you get in trouble by doing something like that. Please let me know if you have any questions or you need me to clarify anything. I would be happy to do so. If there is a delay in responding it's because I'm working with another customer or simply not at my computer - but I assure you I will respond as soon as I can.