Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I recently moved into an apt complex and within a week a

Customer Question

I recently moved into an apt complex and within a week a resident approached me and began to tell me of her negative experiences at said complex including an addendum to her lease that she could leave whenever she wanted without financial consequences. I was asked by the manager how things were going thereafter and told of meeting many tenants who were positive except this one tenant. I stated what she told me.
Yesterday I was approached by this individual and she asked to speak to me privately and twice I told her no. She then began to let me know of her disapproval of me going to the office. She called me delusional and stated that my last apt must have asked me to leave. Things that are untrue. Her voice was loud and cracked when she spoke and it was clear she was very angry. I felt like she verbally attacked me in retaliation. I've notified the manager. Is ther anything else I can/need to do? I live in New Mexico
Expert:  Barrister replied 3 months ago.

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney whowill try my very best to help with your situation or get you to someone who can. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I research statutes or ordinances and type out an answer or reply,but rest assured, I am working on your question.

.

Has this person threatened you in any way?

.

Has she confronted you again in any way?

.

Have you notified her that you don't want to have any contact with her?

.

.

thanks