Gerald, Esq
Gerald, Esq, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years of experience
77476456

I thought that face book was free and there is no charge to

Customer Question

I thought that face book was free and there is no charge to play it or sign up to it but so far they are wanting money for this and money for that do they chose people on face book to do this to for I really think this is false advertising to the people on face book
Expert:  Gerald, Esq replied 2 months ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer. Please bear with me as I verify somethings for you. I will respond fully shortly. Thank you for your patience

Thank you for your patience and thank you for using Just Answer. I want to provide you the best service I can. Please feel free to ask any follow up questions you have.

I am an attorney with 30 years of experience; I hope to provide you information that will help you in resolving your question.

Access and use of the basic services of Facebook are free. However they do allow advertisers to link and post on your page. These advertisements are to get you to try to buy other things. BUT they are optional. You can ignore or delete or close out those posts.

You do NOT have to buy anything advertised on Facebook and you shouldn't unless you independently research the item.

Also there are ways to set up your account to minimize the advertisements that you are seeing. You may wish to have someone you know who is tech savvy to double check your settings to minimize the ads.

As far as the false advertising claim, while I do not think that there is one (they have set themselves up to avoid that kind of liability) you can file a complaint with your state's Attorney General Office of Consumer Protection.

I hope the information I provide is useful to you. I want you to be comfortable and satisfied with my attempt to assist you. Please, if you have ANY follow up questions, feel free to ask. Please note that I am generally unavailable Friday evening through Sunday.

Please do not forget to give me a positive rating. It adds nothing to your costs but it helps me greatly. Thank you.

If you are dissatisfied with my response PLEASE let me know before giving me a negative review so that I may try to be of better assistance. Or if you prefer, let me know and I can “Opt Out” and your question can be re-posted without additional cost to you. I will be fair to you and only ask the same from you.

Good luck.

Please note: Information is educational and not given as legal advice. Only your local attorney can give legal advice. I can't establish or accept an attorney-client relationship with you. All posts are available for public viewing.

Kind regards,

Gerald