RobertJDFL, Attorney
Experience:  Experienced in multiple areas of the law.

HOw can I take someone out of my will?

Customer Question

HOw can I take someone out of my will?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  RobertJDFL replied 1 month ago.

Thank you for using Just Answer. I look forward to helping you.

You may remove a beneficiary from an existing will by executing a Codicil.

A codicil is a document that amends, rather than replaces, a previously executed will. Amendments made by a codicil may add or revoke small provisions (e.g., changing executors), or may completely change the majority, or all, of the gifts under the will. Each codicil must conform to the same legal requirements as the original will. In other words, it must be witnessed the same way a will would be to be considered valid.

Please remember to kindly leave a positive rating for me by clicking on the stars, as that is the only way experts are paid for their time even though you may have already paid a deposit to the site. Follow-up questions asked in this thread do not cost anything additional after leaving a positive rating.

If you need clarification
about my answer or additional information, please use the SEND or REPLY button to continue our conversation. Your satisfaction is my goal and I am here to help!

Was there anything I could clarify about my answer or did you need additional information? If so, please let me know, as I'm here to help!

If not, please remember to leave a positive rating by clicking on the stars, so that I am credited for my time and assistance. Thank you!