David Stewart
David Stewart, Attorney
Experience:  Highly experienced attorney Commercial Law, Litigation, Intellectual Property Law, and Family Law
95745447

My son makes 15,000. a year (for the last 3 years). His

Customer Question

My son makes 15,000. a year (for the last 3 years). His girlfriend took him to court for child support and because neither of them brought papers or information about their incomes, the judge recorded his income as $30,000 a year as well as hers. She now has no job, but has lived with a man for 4 years and he bought a house this past year. My son has to pay $700. a month in child support...needless to say he cannot afford it so I pay it on my small retirement. It is so difficult.
If we went back to court to try to reduce the payment, would we benefit or be wasting our time or have to pay even more. We all live in Cincinnati, Ohio.
Expert:  David Stewart replied 4 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am going to assist you today with your request. I suggest your son go back to court and get the child support adjusted as soon as possible. This would not be a waste of time and there is no reason for you to be using retirement to pay his child support. In fact, I would insist he proceed with this immediately and cease paying his child support at this time. I do not want to be too harsh, but your son and this child's mother need to take responsibility for their actions and take care of their child. In short, you absolutely will not be wasting time going to court to get this adjusted and it seems this needs to occur now since you are having to pay it with money you need to live on. I hope this helps. All the best, David

I am also going to offer you a phone call to discuss in detail the situation if you have more questions and/or concerns and you believe it would help. Thanks, David