Loren, Attorney
Experience:  30 years experience representing clients.

I just want to know can you sue the president for causing

Customer Question

I just want to know can you sue the president for causing major anxiety in a US citizen (like if the way they run things cause more problems than it fixes and a person becomes severely depressed or a symptom close to severe stress and anxiety?
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: North Dakota
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: Just the stress and anxiety disorder, to a shrink and a doctor.
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: It's just a question, I really doubt anything would come of body will want that job!
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  Loren replied 1 month ago.

Hello. I am Loren, a licensed attorney, and I look forward to assisting you.

Unfortunately, such a cause of action is based in intentional tort and you would need to prove that the President was performing some sort of outrageous act for the specific purpose of causing you emotional distress. The classic law school example is if someone sees you walking your dog and intentionally shots your dog for the purpose of upsetting you.

If the President did something along those lines then they could be liable in court fro your damages.

A president is not liable for corollary emotional distress to a specific citizen for action taken pursuant to their lawful duties as President.

Expert:  Loren replied 1 month ago.

If you have no further questions, and have not yet done so, please remember to leave a favorable rating (click 5 stars in the rating section on this page) so that I am credited by JustAnswer for assisting you.

There is no additional charge to you for rating me.

A bonus is not required, but is always appreciated.