Alex J. Esq.
Alex J. Esq., Attorney at Law
Experience:  Experienced Licensed Attorney
26296561

My soon to bee ex-husband borrowed $3,300.(that we have

Customer Question

My soon to bee ex-husband borrowed $3,300.(that we have proof of) IN 2007,with the promise that he would pay her back when he sold his calves. He never had calves and she was 80 years old with dementia. Can I file Grand thief charges?
Expert:  Alex J. Esq. replied 3 months ago.

Hello. My name is Alex.
Thank you for your question.
I will be happy to provide you with information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Do I understand correctly that the loans were taken out in 2007 by your husband from your stepmother?

Please clarify.

Thanks.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
the first one for $1,000.00 on Aug 10, 2007 , then one for $1,300.00 on Aug 30,2007, then another for $1,000.00 fin Dec 2007. Also I would like to know if we can charge him for preying on the elderly
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
E-mail said I got my answer, but I haven't

Thank you for your follow up.

Unfortunately, generally, the statute of limitations would have ran out a several years ago and it would be too late to pursue any legal recourse on a loan that took place almost 10 years ago.

I am very sorry to provide you with this bad news, but please understand that I do have professional obligation to provide JustAnswer.com customers with correct answers, even when answer is not favorable to the customer.

I wish you the best of luck and God bless you!

Please let me know if you have any related follow up questions?
If not, please positively rate and accept my answer, so I can be compensated for my work.
Thank you.