Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Experience:  Began practicing law in 1992

I posted a cash bond ( $5000) for an individual and I want

Customer Question

I posted a cash bond ( $5000) for an individual and I want to know to what extremes I can take to make sure this person shows up for court in FL.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 month ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to helping you today.

Posting the cash bond for a person doesn't allow you to do anything that you couldn't otherwise do or that would otherwise be illegal. There is an old 1800s law that allows "bounty hunters" to get away with some of the things you see them doing on television but many of them have been successfully sued for those actions and some have been arrested and convicted. If it is a matter of you doing something that would otherwise be illegal it is better for you to hire a "bounty hunter" or a private investigator there where you live to "drag them to court".

Or, if you don't want to spend the money hiring a PI or BH then go and talk to the District Attorney and ask them what they will allow. That doesn't let you off of the hook civilly but will prevent a prosecution.

If there is something specific you want to ask about, please feel free to do so.

If your question has been answered then I'd offer my best wishes to you and ask that you please not forget to leave a Positive Rating so I receive credit for my work. Of course, please feel free to ask any follow up questions in this thread. I want to be sure that all of your questions are answered.