Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law

I have a misdomeanor warrant in Seattle, but have lived out

Customer Question

I have a misdomeanor warrant in Seattle , but have lived out of state for years and the warrant is from 2008. I now want to fly into SeaTac airport on a domestic flight. Will i be arrested ?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 month ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If you are not going through US Customs and Immigration and it is a domestic flight where all you do is go through TSA, they do not check criminal records of passengers flying on domestic flights. Thus, you would not have your criminal record checked on a domestic flight, so they would not find a warrant. The only way you would have an issue is if you do something to cause yourself to be stopped by the police and if they check your name.