Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I was in a large clothing store with no bag only cash. I

Customer Question

I was in a large clothing store with no bag only cash. I paid for my items and went to the next store on the strip. I was approached by two law officers who said the store had called gave my description ( profiling) and said I had shoplifted. They escorted me to my car escorted me to the accusing store where I had to produce a receipt and all my bags were gone through. The manager explained she thought I had shoplifted because they had found two magnetic tags in the dressing room after I left . I explained to her that those were in the pocket of the items I tried on and it was her employees fault for not checking the merchandise before returning it to the floor. I left my merchandise and of course was thrown into a complete panic attack. I have suffered from anxiety disorder and seek ongoing treatment but this set me back tremendously. I can't even go into public places now. I'm under a Drs care and am not doing any better
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 3 months ago.

Good morning. I am sorry to hear about what you are going through. Can you please share with me what your question is?