Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law

If I open a dog boarding facility and my employees take

Customer Question

If I open a dog boarding facility and my employees take pictures of the clients dogs is there any way I would get in any legal trouble? If so what would they have to do to get things to that point and what could I do about it?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 1 month ago.

I presume the taking pictures of the dogs when they come in this for your own protection from claims. I don't see any possibility of you getting in trouble for taking photos of the pets that you board. Even if you use them for publicity for the kennel, there is little likelihood that anyone would complain about it. After all, the photo could be of any dog.

I hope that you will enter a positive rating for my assistance here by clicking on 3, 4, or 5. There is no additional cost to you. Thanks again for using JUST ANSWER.

Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 month ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Legally, there is no law prohibiting you taking pictures of property belonging to another person. Pets (dogs/cats) are considered property by law. As long as you have a legal right to be in the place where pictures are being taken of the property, then you have violated no law in taking pictures. It is not unlawful for you to take or even display pictures of someone else's property even online and you do not need their permission to do so.