Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.

My boyfriend and I adopted two kittens from BCSPCA and they

Customer Question

My boyfriend and I adopted two kittens from BCSPCA and they were registered under his name, since my building wasn't pet friendly. I have since moved, and they have been living with me happily for 3 months. While they lived with him I payed for food, and cleaned the litter box etc. Since they have moved in with me, I have been paying for and taking care of them entirely. My boyfriend and I are now talking about breaking up, and he's threatening to take my kittens. Is there anything I can do legally? Or am I destined to lose my beloved pets?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  Legalease replied 1 month ago.

Hello there --

Do you have receipts that you have paid for food, litter, etc? Also, if you have a veterinarian for them, whose name is ***** ***** account as the guarantor of the vet bills?