Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Attorney
Experience:  Active member of the NYS bar since 1989

I have been getting unwanted calls how do I block these

Customer Question

I have been getting unwanted calls how do I block these calls
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 1 month ago.

Unwanted calls from whom?

You can subscribe to the Do Not Call Registry. If these are robo calls, your carrier may work with, a free service that stops robo calls.

Otherwise, you should just screen your calls carefully and not answer calls from anyone whose number you don't recognize. Anyone important will leave a message. The others you can block. Blocking them varies depending on your phone carrier. But if you call yours, they will tell you how to do it.

The best way to get rid of unwelcome unwanted callers is not to answer. These people make calls by the thousands every day but the only way that they know whether a phone number is ***** or not is if someone answers and talks to them. Then they know it's a live number and you'll get even more unwanted calls. So it's best never to engage them and then block them.

Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 1 month ago.

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.