LegalKnowledge, Attorney
Experience:  9+ years handling Legal, Real Estate, Criminal Law, Family Law, Traffic matters.

Had a judgement against me back in 2006, bill was paid 1

Customer Question

Had a judgement against me back in 2006, bill was paid 1 month after, just found out they put a lein on my property and they told me they have 10 yrs to keep that lein on my property, is that legal ?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 1 month ago.

Good evening. So you paid the bill 1 month late, it was paid in full and then they sued you and got a judgment?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
yhey didn t sue me just put a judgement against me, lien on my property, now paid off in 2006 can they keep the lein on property ?

Good morning and thank you for the reply. NO, they can not. I say that because the lien secures the judgment. If the judgment has been satisfied, there is NO legal basis for it to be remain and it needs to be released. As such, you can demand that they file a satisfaction of judgment with the court and release it ( or else threaten to sue them and go after them for attorney fees as well, if this has been satisfied and they are keeping the lien in bad faith.

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service at the top of this page, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.