Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Experience:  Began practicing law in 1992
11068102

My daughters biological father passed away 7 years ago. Is

Customer Question

My daughters biological father passed away 7 years ago. Is or was she entitled to any of his life insurance policies?
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 3 months ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to helping you today.

Only if 1) she was named as the beneficiary or

2) if it was made out to his estate as the beneficiary or the estate wound up being his beneficiary and he named her as an heir in his will or he didn't name anyone as an heir in his will.

I will be offline for a while and be back later this evening. If you have follow up questions please ask them in this thread and I'll pick up when I return.

If your question has been answered then I'd offer my best wishes to you and ask that you please not forget to leave a Positive Rating so I receive credit for my work. Of course, please feel free to ask any follow up questions in this thread. I want to be sure that all of your questions are answered.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
She wasn't named as a beneficiary.

That is the only way she would take under the life insurance policies. Those proceeds "pass outside of probate" and so the contract aka the policy controls who gets the proceeds.